Friday, September 21, 2012

A is for Ants - A Bug's Life

This muffin tin Monday our movie of the day was... A BUG'S LIFE

photo credit: painet.com.br

Because of, well... Ants.

On the muffin tin menu we had ants on a log, ants on a leaf (granny smith apple), turkey, cheese, & applesauce all infested with ants (raisins & chocolate chips) headed to their chocolate pudding anthill. Next year I will probably make the anthill with pudding & then crushed oreos for dirt so it looks more realistic.



ALSO THIS WEEK...
Church theme: Adam (Thanks to confessionsofaslackermom.com for the printables!)
Primary/Church Song: 'Follow The Prophet'
Preschool Song: 'The Ants Go Marching'
Book: The Ants Go Marching by Dan Crisp

Tumbling Tuesday:
Crawled like an ant, buzzed around like a bee, & hopped like a grasshopper

Word Wednesday:
Adam Letter sheets
Anthill letter A

Think About It Thursday:
Adam math sheets
We made fingerprint ants, then counted them on the paper


Field Trip Friday:
'Bug'ged our neighbors with homemade cookies

Needless to say, our week was pretty f'ant'abulous.

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute, and a great idea. My kiddos love the movie. I will have to remember this next time we watch it. :) I am a co-host to a three blog link party, tip-toe thru Tuesday. I would love for you to link this up, if you have time. It starts at 6am on Tuesday morning. Have a great week. Christy
    http://christyscuties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I plan on doing the whole alphabet this way, only I'm sure not all the meals will look as cute - haha... As for the link party, consider it done!

      ♥ Marissa

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Next time maybe I'll throw in some red ants (craisins) too ;)

      ♥ Mris

      Delete
  3. Very cute and creative and I'm sure your kids loved this! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Small Things :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! The ants are creeping me out! Haha... very cute though! Thanks for linking up to An Oldie but a Goodie link party. - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of ants! It looks fantastic! Too bad my girl won't eat sultanas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I adore the ant trail! So creative, lol! What a cute Muffin Tin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I've seen the muffin tins a couple of times used for different food ideas. I love it! Your ant snacks look delicious. I'm starting my first round of what you call "mommy school" this week. Starting with the letter A. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...