Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos


I first saw the idea for this delicious & addicting meal from Six Sisters' Stuff on Pinterest. It became an instant favorite at our house once I finally got around to making it!

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
12 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled (I usually just use real bacon bits)
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch dressing mix
2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
15-20 (6-inch) flour tortillas (recipe calls for 20 but I usually can only make about 15)
Salt
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet (or cookie sheet) with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Mix together cream cheese, chicken, cheese, and bacon (I just sprinkle a layer of bacon on top, then mix it until I'm satisfied with the amount since I use real bacon bits.) Add in about 1/2 of the dry Ranch packet, mix well and taste. Add more if you want more of a Ranch taste, then mix well (I use the whole packet). Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into a tortilla and roll it up. Place taquito seam-side down on baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken mixture is inside tortillas (approx 15-20 times). You may need to use two baking sheets depending on how many you make. Once finished, spray the tops of the taquitos with non-stick cooking spray (or you could lightly brush some olive oil on them) and sprinkle with salt. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges and tops are golden. Let cool for a couple of minutes. We like to eat them with the suggested "Salsa Ranch" dip, which is equal parts salsa and ranch, but she also mentioned dipping them in plain Ranch dressing, or Blue Cheese dressing. Enjoy!

A little side story about the nickname:
We call any sort of Chicken Bacon Ranch meal at our house CBR,
just for the sake of shortening the obvious deliciousness of the Chicken Bacon Ranch combination.
Our son called Taquitos "Tiko Tikos" once, & we liked how it flowed so it just stuck with us.
Hence the nickname, CBR Tiko Tikos...

Detours in LifeMini Van Dreams


xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! Glad to be your 1st follower - remember me when you are famous. Found you on the hop, would love a follow back :).

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being the first to follow me - I'll definitely follow back! I don't think I'll ever get famous, but if I do, you will not be forgotten! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love anything with taco shells. HA. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. Your newest follower. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great!

    Garrett @TheGrowingPatch
    www.growingpatch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hanks for joining us at Saturday Dishes, Pinned to Saturday Dishes board ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays last week. As one of the co-hosts, I will be featuring your recipe on Tasty Tuesdays tomorrow on my site, Detours in Life. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! I am featuring you tomorrow on Tasty Tuesday. Please stop by and grab a featured button and link up any new recipes you have!

    http://www.minivandreams.com

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...