Friday, November 2, 2012

G is for Genie - Aladdin

G is for Genie, and my absolute favorite Genie is from... ALADDIN


Now if only I could find a magic lamp so that I can have 3 wishes granted...

Right now I would wish for my house to clean itself (especially the dishes),
for a landscaped yard with grass,
and for more time to spend with family & extended family.

THIS WEEK...
Church Theme: Golden Plates
Primary/Church Song: 'The Golden Plates'
Preschool Song/Rhyme: '3 Little Kittens'
Book: The Fisherman and His Wife by Rachel Isadora

Since Halloween was this week I was busy running errands, preparing our Halloween dinner, & making costumes anytime I got a free second from Monday until Wednesday. This meant my whole week was thrown off and we only did Mommy School on Thursday and Friday. Yep, I'm not very good at keeping up with this daily schedule as you may have noticed. Anywho...

Thursday:
Golden Plates letter & math sheets

Field Trip Friday:
We flew our magic carpets to Agrabah - city of mystery and enchantment! Okay, just kidding... Wouldn't that have been an awesome field trip though? We made a magic carpet to eat our muffin tin meal on as we watched Aladdin.

Here's what we ate...

'Big nabob' mini chicken kabobs (Don't worry, I took the toothpicks out before giving them to little dudeman), 3 marshmallow wishes (since you can wish upon stars), couscous (I had never had it before, but it was pretty tasty), riches from the cave of wonders (I had the hardest time finding chocolate gold coins right now, so we settled on rolos. I may have eaten 2 or 3. Okay, so maybe I had 5), a 'stolen' apple (I know, technically it should be red... but I only had granny smith), homemade baklava (Which I can't stop eating! It sort of reminds me of pecan pie...)

It would have been fun to play The Magic Carpet Game sometime this week, but I think it's either still in my parents' game closet or we may have given it away at some point throughout my life. Oh the memories...
Bring on the nostalgia!

Have a wonderful week & remember to beee yourself!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun theme!! Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baklava looks yummy! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...