Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life is Fantasmic

If you've ever been to Disneyland, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Tokyo DisneySea
you may be familiar with my favorite nighttime spectacular, Fantasmic!
All three versions are different, but have the same basic outline.
Although I've never been to the Tokyo Disney resort, I would love to go someday to check it out!


Anywho,
So in Fantasmic...
Mickey is dreaming and his imagination gets the better of him.
It's an epic battle between good vs evil,
and as we all know,
good always conquers evil in the end.

Life is a constant battle between choosing good over evil or right over wrong.
and although evil may be enticing at times,
we will be much happier in the long run when we choose good.

My life is quite similar to Mickey's dream.
I have a powerful imagination.
I love to dream.
There have been times in my life where I have let my imagination get the better of me.
I have made wrong choices.
However,
much like the power of Mickey's imagination that defeats the evil in his dream,
the power of Christ's atonement has helped me overcome the wrong choices I've made.
It has helped me become much happier & I am forever thankful for that.

Dreams can seem incredibly real while we are having them,
no matter how bizarre they may be.
I remember my dreams quite often & they are almost always bizarre.
When I tell Hubby that "I had a weird dream last night"
he always responds with, "You mean you had a dream last night",
because he already knows all of my dreams are weird.
"Some imagination, huh?"

Think about actual life for a second.
The exact moment we are in seems real, right?
Think back to your childhood,
last year,
last week,
yesterday,
5 minutes ago,
or even 5 seconds ago.
To me, those moments now seem like a dream.
They seem surreal.
We can never recapture that moment exactly.
It's weird to think about actually.

That's why it's so great to live in the now.
Enjoy the moment while it lasts,
because that exact moment will never happen again.
I want to be able to remember those great moments in my life before I forget them.
I want to be able to re-live them through my blog.
I used to be absolutely wonderful at journaling.
Writing every day about the silly mundane things going on in my life.
Writing about friends & boys I had a crush on.
Writing about my thoughts or even the weather.
For the most part, I enjoy re-reading my journals.
There are plenty of happy parts,
& also some sad parts.
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or... learn from it."
- Rafiki -
I choose to learn from it & hope my posterity can do the same.

I created this blog for that reason among many others.
We've been married almost 6 years & I have yet to write about our wedding.
That's how much I've slacked on writing in my journal.
I regret that entirely.
I hope to be better at writing on this blog much in the way that I used to write in my journal.
I want to remember the important things & learn from the tough moments.
I want to write about the fantastic but ever so surreal moments that happen in my life.

Because life is fantasmic.

xoxo
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite night time WDW show too! Tokyo Disney is amazing isn't it! I have never been there and will probably never go but, it would be magical!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fantasmic - I always get a chill when Mickey appears at the top of the mountain and I love the bit where he conjures the fountains in time with the water!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...