Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Day, New Start, Happy Heart

My sweet Grandma came up with this wonderful saying & said it often...
"New Day, New Start, Happy Heart"


I remember that saying not only when I think of my Grandma,
but I think of it whenever I have a rough day,
when I get frustrated with the kids,
when I'm feeling down or discouraged,
when I see the cluttered mess that my home truly is,
when I realize that I haven't blogged in over a month,
or simply at the end of the day when I feel like I wasn't as productive as I had hoped.

It's a sweet reminder that each day I can start fresh.
I can have a positive attitude & decide how my day will play out.
If it doesn't end up playing out exactly how I wanted at the end of the day
(it usually doesn't)
There is a new day ahead of me to try again.

I want to apply that saying to every aspect of my life this year, including my blog.
I want to try to remember that
every.single.day.
I have the power to make that day better than the last,
& in turn have a better week, month, or year than the one before it.
I firmly believe that this positive attitude & outlook on life
can work miracles,
brighten days,
form good habits,
heal a broken heart,
create self-confidence,
help someone realize the hidden blessings in their day-to-day life
& make every day truly count.

If we start each day with a clean slate & a positive attitude,
we can accomplish so much more
than when we are dwelling on the negative
& thinking of the things we wish we would have done differently yesterday.
You can't change the past,
but you can most certainly change your future.

Have a positive day & remember:
"New Day, New Start, Happy Heart"
xoxo
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Mris! This made me cry - I needed this today! Love you hon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...